Monday, October 10, 2011

Trying Something New....

Hey I know its been a minute, but I have been trying to make some changes to my diet/lifestyle change. It has been a challenge and I won't say that I have been enjoying this 100%. Struggle has definitely been the word to describe this feeling and it did not help when my doctor went in on me about my weight....The word she described was "disturbing" smh So, like any other person who is trying to lose weight, I am trying another method.

My best friend is currently in school and taking a fitness training course. She is going to provide a strict 7 week plan for me and a couple of other people to follow so see how effective her plan works. It started Oct 2, but this is one of the 1st steps I have to take to follow it....and that's to blog every week. As you can tell by the dates, I dont blog every week, but this is something I have to discipline myself with in order to make this plan work. So first things first, I had to report my current weight (which has not changed much) and my body measurements and goals.You guys already know my goal is to lose 100lbs lol. The requirement is for me to blog every week of how I did/did not follow this plan and this is how my first week went:
OCTOBER 3 - OCTOBER 9 {I always start over on Mondays}


Week 1: Balance



Warm-up(35min)



Exercise
Sets/Speed
Duration
Coaching Tip
Treadmill
1 set
30min
3.0 incline 3.5 speed
Stretching
1 set
15 sec
Hold each stretch for 15 sec




Core/Resistance(20min)



Exercise
Sets
Reps
Coaching Tips
Sit-ups
3
15
Do not touch the floor or your knees
planks
4
15 sec
Press your stomach to your back
crunches
3
15
Lift shoulder blades off the floor
Wall Sit
4
15 sec
Back straight, Legs shoulder with apart.  Do not rest arms on knees
Sit-ups
3
15
Do not touch the floor or your knees
Calf Raises
3
15
Slow/ Accurate Tempo
REST 10 SECS IN BETWEEN







Cool Down(40min)



Exercise
Sets
Reps
Coaching Tips
Treadmill
1
30 min
5.5 incline 3.3 speed
Stretching
1
30 sec
Hold each stretch for 30 sec


~I did not go completely without carbs...but when I ate carbs, it was whole wheat, but most of my meals consisted of fruits, veggies & protein
~ I followed the cardio exercises as required, but I  didnt feel "challenged". I always walk at a higher incline than 3.5 - 5.5 and I need a good sweat to feel like I really worked out.
~ It was not easy to hop off the treadmill to work on my resistant exercises due to other people being in the gym at the same time. Once you hop off that treadmill, 5 more people behind you are trying to get it after you.
~ I added more resistance by doing dumbbell presses since I could not add more cardio
~ Resistant exercises are not my favorite {particularly planks}, but I'll probably get better as I keep doing them
~ I also implemented the not eating after 7:00pm & I already lost a pound this week. I probably would have been 2 pounds if I did not eat carbs at all. My goal is to do much better for the 2nd week. The 1st is always the hardest since there's so much that has to be stopped so abruptly {carbs}.
~ I've already been doing this for a while, but MyFitnessPal.com is also helpful. It helps me stay at 1400 calories a day.

1 comment:

  1. Ok good.. did you do the plan 4 times this wk??? Remember avoiding starch and carbs are a MUST for at least three weeks. It allows your body to pull energy from other things rather than just sugar. Also STAY AWAY FROM THE SCALE. It can be a discouragement. Last thing sweating doesnt mean you are working hard it just means you are hot. But none the less you seem to be have gotten off to a decent strt. Keep up the work.

    ReplyDelete