Friday, March 4, 2011

Color Inspiration

Happy Friday! :o)

Today is sooooooo chill at work and there's barely anyone here, so I took some time to find colors that I would like to explore with my locs. I am nowhere near being able to add color {tear}, so the only thing I can do right now is to dream until my time comes. I'm not usually into dramatic colors and jet black is my ultimate favorite. But once I am able to add color, I would love to explore RED. Even though I love jet black, I have been told repeatedly that I look great with bright & warm colors. My hair is naturally a dark reddish brown but I rinsed my hair with jet black for 3 years and the color sort of "stuck" to my hair. Brown doesnt work on me for some reason and it makes my hair look dry and frizzy. I even tried some brown rinses to "enhance" my natural color and it was just too dull on me and it made me look so young {I already have a young face}. Once I started jet black, it made me look a little more mature and added that "oomph" and sleekness. But anywho, here are a few pics of some reds that I thought was nice:

{I'll admit that the 1st and 2nd pics are my favorite, but notice how all of these women are not completely dyed red and has a hint of a darker colored mixed in. Im not that bold to go completely red! Lol. I know the last pic may seem a little hypocritical because it looks like a spicy brown, but it looks reddish to me :o) Dreaming is the only thing that I can do right now, but its nice to look instead of touch sometimes haha. But seriously, which color do you think would work for me???}
****If any of these photos happen to be yours and you want credit or need it to be taken down, please let me know immediately by leaving a comment below










 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the color of red! I used to color my locs with Clairol's Textures & Tones Burgundy
    ( it looked more red then burgundy lol) I had to stop coloring though the color was taking a toll on my locs but i still enjoy looking at pics of other ladies rockin the red locs1 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeeeaaa that's what scares me the most!I hear all of these stories of how locs can be damaged from getting it colored. I have never dyed my hair with a permanent color so Im guessing rinses are the best option for me. I just hope this jet black lifts some more so when the time comes, I can color it :o)

    ReplyDelete