Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Trial & Error

Soooooo I know I said that I would post pics for my b-day hair do {and will in this post}, I just want to say that everything you do is trial and error. I realized that up-dos are not for me, or at least all of my hair being put up is not. I wanted to try something different and that's exactly what I got. You know how you read in magazines or fashion/hair articles of the kind of hairstyles that work for your face structure and what doesnt? Well, this one in particular didnt work for my big forehead, round face and big cheeks. My locktician did a wonderful job, but I guess being told all day long that I looked like I was 16 was a no-go. Some people would take that as a compliment, but I didnt at the time because I want to look like I'm truly in my 20's & I want to be taken seriously {20's are young-looking as it is}. Even my boyfriend {who is definitely a sweetheart/gentleman} admitted he wasnt too gung-ho about it. He expressed how he likes my hair to frame my face and that half-up and half-down was sexy..... Ladies, yall know good & well its important to be attractive for your man, and if he isnt feeling a certain look, more than likely its not working for you {as long as he isnt sarcastic and disrespectful about it}

Now, the pipe cleaner curls in the front were very pretty and that's definitely making me want to do that all over my head {graduation more than likely}. In the past when I had relaxed hair and I happened to pull all of my hair back, people told me they were happy to see all of my face but it definitely made me look younger. Im not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed lol. Theres nothing wrong with looking young, cuz that will definitely help when Im older lol. Once again, my locktician did a BEAUTIFUL job, but its a lesson learned that having ALL of my hair up is not poppin for me. Im not just going by everybody else's opinions, but I had my own as well. I even saw in the mirror that I didnt look like "me". I wish I could be a little more daring with my styles, but I guess Im one of those people where "less is more" works better.

                            {Back View}
Cant see the back all that great, but its a fish tail braided up                                                                                                       
                     {Top/Side View}
I had a bang that was rolled up with pipe cleaners, 
   but I pinned it up with the rest of my hair

No comments:

Post a Comment