Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Frustrations Of Relaxed Ends

So yeah, Im having one of those days where Im absolutely HATING my relaxed ends and getting on myself for not getting my SL's all natural. Im just tired of having to braid up my hair everyday just to go exercise and keep them braided all day & night afterwards just to make sure my hair is going to be okay for work the next day. Now im in LOVE with my hair when I first wash them because the shampoo springs those curls back to life, but everything that happens in between is a different story smh. I guess you can say that Im getting bored with my hair and Im just having one of those days where I dont feel like being patient {more than likely I'll be okay tomorrow}. I guess Im getting tired of not being able to try new things without wondering if its going to mess up my locs! Let me share a few of my pet peeves about having relaxed ends:

1. The WEATHER! Geesh my relaxed ends still get affected by the weather {rain, humidity, sweat} as if I still have a darn relaxer in my head

2. I get the same doggone question everytime I stand next to my mother: "How come your locs doesnt look like your mom's O_o?" . C'mon people! For the umph-teenth time my mom is ALL natural and Im not.....yet

3. Braid-out...Braid-out...Braid-out {enough said}....once my locs mature, you will NOT see a braid out for a LONG time.

4. The fact that I cant color my hair right now.....should have done it before I got SL'd

5. Having to plan ahead to wash my hair {it can be an inconvenience sometimes}- my relaxed ends hold water like no other smh

6. You see more relaxed ends than locs! {I have to have a fresh re-ti , a funky style or bend my head down before you realize there's something "different" going on with my hair}

7. Lack of style options

8. Slows down the lock process

9. If I dont braid my hair at night, the relaxed ends look matted and just flat out atrocious if I dont do anything about them the night before.

I know when it comes to natural hair the key is PATIENCE. Some days Im so cool about it and then there are some of the days when I wish I could push the fast forward button and get to the part where my locs are mature. "Journey" for locs is an understatement lol. Dont get me wrong, I am proud to have locs and I am thankful for the change, but I wish I had known about these locs before I started college or at least played around with being natural before starting to loc. I do understand and live by the phrase "Less Is More", so product use is no big deal to me right now. The rate of growth for my hair is amazing, but I just wish my locs would catch up with it as well. This is my loc rant for today, but I promise I will be in love again this time tomorrow :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment