Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wii Fit Plus

Good News! 

I lost 5 lbs :o) The funny thing about it, is that I haven't been stressing about my weight lately and I have been using the Wii Fit Plus to get my exercise in. It really does help because I don't look at it as working out, but more so just having fun with video games. Getting fit is not only physical, but psychological as well. I'm not a big fan of the gym and when I go in there, its more like "dang I gotta workout and let me hurry up & do this and so I can feel like I got my workout in". When it feels like it takes hours to get it over with in the gym, i knock out over 500 calories in 1 hour with the Wii Fit. This by far is the best investment I have made in a while :o). 

I know my results would be alot better if I had kept at it consistently when I first started on it, but this will definitely be a regular routine for me from now on. I like how it gives me no excuse to not workout because Im able to do it in the comfort of my home. I cant complain about the weather or that the gym at my apartment is packed. The Wii Fit is ALOT more fun and you don't think about how much farther you need to go or how many calories you got left because you're doing so much without doing your typical exercises. My goal is to get moving some kind of way for the day for at least an hour. I used to just go straight to my bed when getting off work and that's boring/unhealthy for a 22 year old! If there's anybody out there like me who loathes the gym, just invest in the Wii Fit and any other exercise game for the Wii to get moving. The next game I want to invest in is the Zumba. I hear so much about it and my parents told me that its fun and you work up a serious sweat {right up my alley}. I never played the Xbox Kinect, but I heard that works you even harder than the Wii! Moral for today or any day is to: Have fun when you're exercising and get into something that you will enjoy so you wont give up so easily. Doing the same thing can get mundane after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment